Applying for a visa

Should you need a visa to visit the UK, please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information on visitor visas and how to apply for one.
Visa-free travel is still in place for citizens of member states of the European Union, including to and from the UK. Any changes to visa-free travel are unlikely to take place in the immediate future.

Letters of  invitation

To be eligible for a letter of invitation you need to:

  • be a BAPS member and have registered to attend Congress OR
  • have an abstract accepted at Congress OR
  • be an invited Speaker or Scholar

If you are not a current member of BAPS, please also send a copy of your CV and if you are a trainee, you will need to provide a supporting letter from your supervising Paediatric Surgery Consultant.
Please send the required information to