Please submit applications to our Honorary Secretary , by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For guidance on numbers of delegates and the format for the Congress please refer to the document Application-for-Hosting-Annual-Congress.
Questions to ask Congress venue:
- staging: we need a stage in the main lecture hall and will this cost extra
- slide preview room and technical support – cost
- traffic light/timing device
- poster boards
- furniture for catering/exhibitors
- branding; what branding opportunities does the venue offer and the costs involved (or can we provide this)
- security: will this be an extra cost
- manned cloakroom
- please including maps, building and room layout drawings and room capacities
- Transportation: accessibility via air (including what international flights are available), rail, road.
- Where is the site in relation to the rest of the city, hotels etc ie will transport be required?
- Summary of cultural highlights
- Any knowledge of local council’s involvement to support the event?
- Supply a range of hotels for different budgets including rates
- Is there an associated University/College with room availability?
- Is there a nearby hotel suitable as a designated head quarters Congress hotel for keynote speakers to be accommodated and to act as a hub for meetings?
- Professional staff ie what will congress centre provide
- What support will be provided from local BAPS members to liaise, pursue local sponsorship, provide local knowledge.
- Congress Centre
- Tea and Coffee during congress
- Welcome Reception
- Business Meeting Lunches & Coffee
Please also give an indication of likelihood of attendance and conference programme participation:
Any other information the submitting group want to pass on to help with their application.
Factors that will be taken into consideration in evaluating conference proposals will include:
- cost most importantly
- cost of travel for delegates
- convenience of travel for delegates
- level of support locally
- attractiveness as a travel destination
- previous congress locations