If you’re new to research and want some help to get started there, BAPS is here to help. In a session chaired by Prof Paul Johnson, we will cover the following topics.
- How to apply for research funding
- How to review a journal manuscript
- How to perform a systematic review
The basic science of surgery is moving fast. We are offering two separate workshops to get you up to date.
- The ABC of Immunology for Surgeons
- The ABC of Genomics for Surgeons
Professional support workshops
We haven’t forgotten that alongside the clinical work surgeons undertake, there are some personal needs too. We have two workshops that you can register for. Sessions will take place at lunchtime and include a packed lunch.
- Planning for retirement
- Self-care for surgeons: How to manage stress and avoid burnout