- Please register as soon as possible – “onsite registrations will NOT be accepted this year. Online registrations close 3rd July 2020. If you attend Congress without having registered you may be turned away..
- IMPORTANT – please advise any members of your team who will be travelling with you to register for the meeting!
- Please visit the congress website and follow the links to the preliminary scientific programme to see which day your presentation is scheduled.
- If you have any questions regarding the scientific programme please email email@example.com
- BAPS considers plagiarism to be a serious breach of professional standards and authors found to have plagiarised the work of others can expect a ban and a report to their employing organisation. Please ensure that all material on presentations and posters is appropriately attributed.
- For all presenters: please note that the chairs of each session have strict instructions to keep to time, and will enforce the timing of your presentation.
For 10 minute oral papers: You will have 7 minutes to present and 3 minutes to answer questions from the chairs or from the floor.
For 5 minute oral papers: You will have 3 minutes to present and 2 minutes to answer questions from the chairs or from the floor.
- All oral presentations should be loaded at least 2 hours prior to presentation in the slide preview room as you will not be allowed to present with your own laptop.
- Failure to load your presentations in advance will result in you not being able to present.
- Please check video and slides carefully in the slide preview room to ensure they will work on the podium. Technical staff will be on hand to help!
- You will also be invited to meet your chairs for a few minutes in the refreshment break prior to your session.
- Presentations should be in Powerpoint format and videos (Quicktime and MPEG-4 (H.264) formats) should be embedded within the presentation file.
- Posters should be size A0 that is 84cm across and 119cm in height (portrait style).
- There is no specified format for your poster, but IT MUST FIT THE BOARD.
- Authors are invited to give a 1 minute presentation of their poster during their designated poster walk -you will only have time to present the key points – followed by 2 minutes of discussion.
- You will be assigned a poster board for exhibiting your poster – this will marked with your final presentation number which you may need to check in the Final Programme. The volunteers on the main registration desk will help you find your poster board and provide materials with which to put up your poster.
- We would also be happy to print and erect your posters on your behalf for a printing fee of £50 per poster. Final versions for the printing service must be fit for printing in A0 portrait format and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June at the latest. Corrections subsequent to submission for printing are not possible.
- Posters must be displayed for the full duration of the Congress. Posters may be erected by colleagues if the authors are not available.
Penalty for posters not displayed for duration of Congress
Please note that posters have undergone a peer review process. If posters are not displayed for the duration of the Congress without good cause provided in advance of Congress, the Research Committee reserve the right to suspend the senior author from submission to Congress of any abstract for 1 year.
Poster Printing Service
We offer a poster printing service. Not only do we arrange printing but we will also hang your poster so it is displayed from the start of Congress. This service is £50 to members and £65 to non-members and you can find out more here. Please note the cut-off date for this service is 24th June 2019.