Locals, Simon Kenny and Professor Paul Losty have put together this guide featuring their favourite Liverpool highlights
(1) Explore the vibrant bars and clubs around Seel Street
(2) Take a walk through Liverpool One shopping district to Bold Street and pick a restaurant – Mowgli Indian Street Food, Bakchich, Leaf, Maray, Italian Fish Club are personal favourites
(3) Take a tour of the newly renovated Anfield – the home of Liverpool Football Club
(4) Book ahead to view the Terracotta Warriors and you can book with BAPS for a special private view with breakfast, 18th July.
(5) Climb to the top of the Anglican cathedral, which is also the venue for our welcome reception featuring mezzo-soprano Emma Carrington
(6) Book a table at Panoramic 34 – fine dining on the 34th floor with stunning views along the coast at sunset
(7) Experience the Restaurant Bar and Grill! Reliable food, amazing building, always a great atmosphere
(8) Book tickets for a comedy club – the Laughterhouse is close to the convention centre but get tickets well in advance. Witness Scouse (Liverpudlian) humour at point blank range.
(9) Take a ferry across the Mersey to see the waterfront at its best – if the sun is shining!
(10) For the active amongst you, rent bikes, take the ferry across to the Wirral and tackle the Wirral circular trail which will take you through some beautiful countryside full of history. Stop for lunch / cake in Parkgate, West Kirby, Hoylake or New Brighton.